Motherhood is an adventure with no roadmap, instruction manual, or sherpa to help carry the load.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Curry Carrots

My little man has dropped carrots like a girlfriend caught cheating.  When he was little, he'd eat them puréed and I've had success sneaking them into other food, like these muffins.  Lately, he's avoided them like the plague.  I had this crazy idea as his "I'm hungry, please feed me" meltdown began that I would make carrot galette for him this evening.  I didn't have a recipe, I've never done this before, and I had a 21 pound sack attached to my leg.  It wasn't the best time to fiddle with something complex and new.  I only got as far as shredding the carrots in my Beaba before I quickly abandoned the original plan.  Curry Carrots evolved as my (extremely successful) Plan B.

Curry Carrots
Curry Carrots in the pan.
Simple and quick for desperate times.

  • 2 large carrots
  • 1 medium shallot
  • Ghee
  • Green Curry Paste (I like Thai Kitchen!)
Directions
  • Wash and roughly chop the carrots
  • Grate the carrots in a food processor or Beaba
  • Heat about 1 Tbsp of Ghee in a frying pan
  • Add the grated carrots into the mixture, stirring to incorporate with the Ghee
  • Dice the shallot and add to the Carrots
  • Add about 1.5 Tbsp of Green Curry Paste to the carrot mixture.  Use more or less depending on your baby's spice tolerance
  • Stir all ingredients together and cook over medium low heat until the carrots are soft (about 5-8 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment