Motherhood is an adventure with no roadmap, instruction manual, or sherpa to help carry the load.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Cauliflower Overload

In my bushel from Farmhouse Delivery this week I had the largest cauliflower I have ever seen.  I mean huge.  Gigantic.  Larger than a basketball.  Cauliflower is ok, but what on earth do you do with a cauliflower that large?  Clearly the baby needs to try some.  I was a little reluctant because the Babycook Book suggestions introducing cauliflower much later, but I'm beginning to learn that these intro times are really vague suggestions that often contradict based on culture, pediatrician, and generation.  Everyone has their own opinion, and I have a giant cauliflower that needs to be consumed.

My bushel also contained some broccoli, which Robert is comfortable with.  I thought the two together could work well.  The creaminess of steamed and pureed cauliflower blended with gritty broccoli could work well together.  The blend would have a texture to it that Robert would (hopefully) like.

Cauliflower & Broccoli Blend

  • Cut broccoli florets and cauliflower bits into similar sizes
  • Wash all of the vegetables and pace in steamer basket
  • Steam for 15 minutes (level 3 on the Babycook)
  • Blend thoroughly using just a small amount of cooking liquid to get desired consistency

Robert really loved this combination - more so than broccoli by itself.  I think next time I'll try a blend with a slightly higher cauliflower to broccoli ratio.

No comments:

Post a Comment